Be a Part of the Mayo Street Arts Team!
MSA Marketing and Events Manager
The Marketing and Events Manager markets, promotes, and manages visual and performing arts events, working with staff, artists, audience members, and others to create successful concerts, exhibits, youth programs, and more.
- Writes press releases, website posts, edits weekly newsletter, manages social media campaigns.
- Manages online ticketing and physical box office.
- Responds to rental inquiries, audience member questions, community member inquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Manages events and event space.
- Keeps lobby, office, concessions, performance, restrooms, and gallery spaces cleaned, stocked, and organized, assists with other building tasks as needed.
- Coordinates with artists to arrange timing, logistics, sound, lighting, and other details.
- Operates and maintains sound and lighting equipment.
- Installs gallery exhibits.
- Schedules and manages event volunteers and support staff.
- Provides organizational administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Issues contracts for rentals, performing arts, and visual art agreements.
- Manages organization website.
- Provides event and marketing reports.
- Attends board meetings and fundraising events.
- Assists with community programs.
- Strong computer and administrative skills with fluency in word, excel.
- Comfortable managing volunteers.
- Efficient time manager.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to do physical tasks including lifting and setting up theater risers, and shovel show.
- Experience with WordPress, CiviCrm, Mad Mimi, Brown Paper Tickets, or similar platforms. Customer service experience a plus.
Hours and Compensation:
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 2pm-10pm, Monday 11-5
30hrs per week
Hours may vary slightly week to week. Evenings and weekends required.
- Health Benefits:
- Dental insurance
- Healthy Living Stipend of 8% of base wages.
- Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Easter, Independence Day (4th of July), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on a non-work day, the adjacent work day counts as holiday.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Subject: Marketing and Events Manager
Attn: Blainor McGough, Executive Director
Applications will be reviewed beginning December 15th, 2018, until the position is filled.