OUR BUILDING

History

Portland, St. Ansgar, 515 Woodford Street, Portland, Maine 04103; organized 1874; First church built at 10 Mayo Street in 1898; In 1907, the membership was 250 people with 100 dues paying members; Merged with Immanuel (Swedish) Lutheran church on November 8, 1954 and the merged church is called St. Ansgar Evangelical Lutheran Church; Used Immanuel church until a new church building was built in 1961; Ground breaking of new church was June 18, 1961 and the cornerstone was laid September 3, 1961.

St. Ansgar, Apostle of the North
https://sites.rootsweb.com/~njdane/Maine.html