Mayo Street Arts is looking for interns!
The Art and Music Intern will assist with performances, gallery installations and events, neighborhood arts projects, and other special events. Tasks include staffing performances and art receptions, managing performance space, taking tickets, hanging and lighting exhibits, operating sound and lighting equipment, assisting with administrative tasks, and creating and hanging posters and flyers.
Desired skills include
- Positive, cheerful, able to greet and welcome a wide variety of visitors to the center.
- Creativity and interest in the arts.
- Able to type, experience with word processing and database programs.
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks, from hands-on day to day operations, to working with neighborhood kids, to administrative tasks.
- Able to communicate and ask questions, follow up on tasks and arrive promptly for events.
Start and End Dates
Summer Internship: May 15 through August 31st.
Hours per week
Unpaid but school credit may be arranged
To Apply, Email resume and letter of interest to:
Blainor McGough, email@example.com