ABOUT CLUB CIRCUS
Mondays 3:30 – 4:30 PM • Open to students in grades 4-7
Learn the FUN-damentals of circus, including juggling, unicycle, balance, mime, clown and physical comedy. This class introduces students to essential skills for any would-be circus enthusiast. Professional circus and variety artists, Michael Trautman and Janoah Balin, will help you find your hidden talents!
A permission form signed by a parent/guardian is REQUIRED for your child to attend Club MSA programs.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP YOUR STUDENT!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTORS
JANOAH BAILIN (janoah…anygoodjokes?) creates and performs energetic, stimulating and educational shows for family audiences with his unique blend of circus, puppetry, story, and dance. He grew up juggling, toured with Circus Smirkus in his teens, and has trained contemporary dance at College of the Atlantic and through the Lion’s Jaw, Bates Dance and Fresh Festivals. For more information, visit http://www.janoahanygoodjokes.com.
MICHAEL TRAUTMAN had been variously identified as a visual comic, performance artist, new vaudevillian, mime (gasp), physical comedian, storyteller, magician, and fool, he claims only to be a clown…and not a very traditional clown at that. He has appeared at the New York International Festival of Clown Theater, Festival D’Ete in Quebec, the General Jackson Showboat at Opryland USA, Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal, and The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. For more information, visit http://www.michaeltrautman.com.
Full Club Circus Schedule
- Monday, March 7 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, March 14 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, March 21 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, March 28 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, April 4 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, April 11 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- ** School Vacation Week // No Club Circus on April 18 **
- Monday, April 25 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, May 2 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, May 9 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, May 16 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, May 23 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, May 30 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Monday, June 6 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Sunday, June 12 | Time TBD | Resurgam Festival Showcase @ Thompson’s Point
- Saturday, June 18 | 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM | Community Showcase @ MSA
In accordance with Portland Public School policy, all students attending Arts After School programs are required to wear a mask at all times.
For the safety of our staff, teachers, and students, any student that exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
MSA’s COVID policy is subject to change. We will email parents/guardians updates as they occur.
Click here to review MSA’s full Covid-19 policy
A Message from Portland Public Schools: Those in the PPS community who aren’t vaccinated or haven’t received boosters are urged to get their shot. COVID vaccines are available to students at our school-based clinics at Casco Bay, Deering and Portland high schools and King Middle School. Here’s a link to find vaccination sites in Maine. That site also contains information about booster shots.