ABOUT CLUB HIP HOP
Thursdays 3:30 – 4:30 PM • Open to students in grades 1-8
Get moving and grooving with South Sundanese dancer Veeva Banga at this hip hop dance class. Taught in collaboration with Portland Youth Dance, this class encourages physical fitness, builds self-esteem, forges friendships, and is extremely popular with the students!
A permission form signed by a parent/guardian is REQUIRED for your child to attend Club MSA programs.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP YOUR STUDENT!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
VEEVA BANGA is a South Sudanese dancer. Since the age of twelve dancing hip hop every Friday, she has honed a passion for sharing her cultural dance with people locally. She is a talented dancer that has an opportunity to play with a mix of styles in Afro Beat that can offer a different approach to dance in Maine. For more information, visit http://www.veevabangadance.com
PORTLAND YOUTH DANCE is a non-profit youth dance company for dancers 10-18 years old. They are a non-competition, pre-professional program focused on developing the artist as a whole. Portland Youth Dance proudly provides free community classes and need based scholarships. For more information, visit http://www.portlandyouthdance.org
Full Club Hip Hop Schedule
- Thursday, March 10 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, March 17 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, March 24 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, March 31 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, April 7 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, April 14 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- ** School Vacation Week // No Club Hip Hop on April 21 **
- Thursday, April 28 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, May 5 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, May 12 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, May 19 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, May 26 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, June 2 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday, June 9 | 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Sunday, June 12 | Time TBD | Resurgam Festival Showcase @ Thompson’s Point
- Saturday, June 18 | 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM | Community Showcase @ MSA
In accordance with Portland Public School policy, all students attending Arts After School programs are required to wear a mask at all times.
For the safety of our staff, teachers, and students, any student that exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home.
MSA’s COVID policy is subject to change. We will email parents/guardians updates as they occur.
Click here to review MSA’s full Covid-19 policy
A Message from Portland Public Schools: Those in the PPS community who aren’t vaccinated or haven’t received boosters are urged to get their shot. COVID vaccines are available to students at our school-based clinics at Casco Bay, Deering and Portland high schools and King Middle School. Here’s a link to find vaccination sites in Maine. That site also contains information about booster shots.